stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralTeam website
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Mezocop
2006-03-23 02:03:06
Hi, Stephen!
Add this website http://distributed.ru to our team statistics page (Russia),please.
Stephen Brooks
2006-03-24 06:57:07
OK, sounds like you're getting organised.  You can see your new team stats page at:

http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/?team=(Russia)
Mezocop
2006-03-24 21:52:09
Thanks.
Mezocop
2006-07-26 07:42:00
Add our website again, please.
Hobbes
2006-07-26 21:16:24
Mezocop - I'd like to read your site and learn more about your team.  However, your English link gives a 404.
Mezocop
2006-07-28 07:57:03
Hobbes
Hm, 404. I talk with admin about this error.
You can use this link
[u]http://www.translate.ru/url/tran_url.asp?lang=ru&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.distributed.ru&direction=re&template=General&cp1=NO&cp2=NO&autotranslate=on&psubmit2.x=43&psubmit2.y=13[/u]

PS It so awfully to read
laurenu2
2006-07-29 01:58:12
(PS It so awfully to read )
Yes White text over black or other colors is REAL hard to read To read this Website I have to do " Edit" "Select all " To Highlight all the text Just so I can read it.
I guess thats why most professional web sites do not use Black or dark colors
Mezocop
2006-07-29 09:31:02
Laurenu2
My words "awfully to read" concern to mistakes while translating.
And who say what this site is a professional?  This site is made only by one person the - enthusiast of the DC.
You can always send e-mail to the founder of this site with found mistakes.  The criticism is welcomed. 

PS By the way, why on site stats.free-dc.org (it in fact is professionally made, whether not so?) the statistics ([q]White text over black or other colors is REAL hard to read[/q]) of our command differs from official? 
laurenu2
2006-07-29 18:30:59
Well Mezocop I guess you did not make it clear to me Or I had a hard time reading the text and what you meant by "awfully to read"
I thought I was confirming or agreeing with what you posted I am Sorry if I misunderstood your post

As for Free-DC stat pages the members or team names and there totals are NOT white text over black
They are black text over white and when you hover your mouse over a line it changes to red with white text
The only white text on black is one line
"Data Checked : 2006-07-29 11:03:02 CDT | Data Updated : 2006-07-29 08:25:55 | Current Time : 2006-07-29 11:29:32 "
And a few icons and menu buttons

Where you got that Free-DC Stats where White Text on Black is beyond me

When I said "I guess thats why most professional web sites do not use Black or dark colors"
That meant sites that do it for money like Microsoft, yahoo, ebay, AOL ,Motherboard makers.  Etc.
They do this so ALL people find a easy to read what is posted, not just the ONES with perfect Vision

Stephen Brooks
2006-07-29 20:05:23
--[Add our website again, please.]--

Finally... I read this while I'm somewhere I can access my server!  Your team should be added; same URL as before.
RGtx
2006-07-29 20:19:49
The predominant use of black or dark characters against a white background may be used to mask a number of undesirable characteristics of analogue crt monitors.  Ringing due to poor or out of tolerance video filters, and reflections (ghosting) due to incorrectly terminated video cables, are two examples which subjectively give rise to artifacts that are more noticible on a darker background.

Stephen's use of the variable background colour to highlight the age of various posts is very clever, though the use of white characters on the highly incadescent background of a new post is a little hard to read, until such time as the background 'cools' sufficiently.

If you are having trouble reading these pages, then many browsers allow you to turn off the background, giving you the desired black text against a white ground.  For example, in Firefox (v1.5): View → Page Style → No Style; and in Internet Explorer 7: Tools → Internet Options → Accessibility →Ignore colors specified on web pages. 
RGtx
2006-07-29 20:23:33
in Firefox (v1.5): View > Page Style > No Style; and in Internet Explorer 7: Tools > Internet Options > Accessibility > Ignore colors specified on web pages.
Mezocop
2006-08-04 18:55:22
Stephen
Thanks again
Herb[Romulus2]
2006-08-04 23:44:44
I give a hrmmm on background colours, because I have a javascript bookmarklet to turn it off, but screwing threads with long URLs to make me use of vertical scrolling pisses me definately off! 
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162801 accesses.