stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1General[Muon.FG] submitting corrupt results
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-12 13:54:16
I think some of the "results-sharing" within teams has gone a bit wrong, as when I tried to compile a new best-results file, I noticed there were a lot of lines with incorrect carriage-return codes (not the windows 0D0A: things like 0A or 0D on its own, or 0D0D0A in one case) which sometimes appear as incorrectly-formatted lines.  I also found that these were invariably from members of the [Muon.FG] team.  Can you check that however you are collating your results, that you are uploading as the correct text format (out of ascii/binary, or UNIX/DOS/Mac linefeeds).

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Pascal
2002-09-12 14:07:23
Ok, I'll post that in our forum.  But some members mentioned that problem still wink

:grank: :grank:

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-12 14:11:56
I've now written a program to repair these files and am about to upload the fixed versions to the website.  It would still be nice if [Muon.FG] could fix their results-handing as well though.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[Muon.FG]GLH
2002-09-12 14:24:44
I think I'm the Bad Guy.  confused
I collect the results from my two computers in one result.txt.
Than i send it with a ftp proggi, because manulsend does'nt work due to our firewall.  Only passiv connection is allowed!! 
I'll send the results next time in the original files without join it together. 

ciao,

GLH
Pascal
2002-09-12 14:37:17
Happy news for all big grin

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159514 accesses.