stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralIndividual's TPs in team stats and individual stats are different
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[Ars]kenlow
2002-09-21 01:10:05
Hi Stephen,

My personal stats seems to be not updating on the Team Stats page.

Can you please check it out?  smile

Thanks.

kenneth
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-21 02:06:35
[SG]DOA had developed an error in his file and my broadband modem had lost sync somewhere between 7 and 8 UTC, hence no 8 UTC update.  But there has been a 9 UTC one with a correction made.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[Ars]kenlow
2002-09-21 04:38:13
Thanx for the promt action smile
[SG] DOA
2002-09-24 05:41:07
Why always me...?  *grumble*
But serious: Can I do something to prevent this happen or is this beyond my control?

Gerald
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-24 06:24:50
I don't know exactly why it happens - it always seems that there is a line missing so two of the same sort come out immediately after each other.  Certainly running two instances of Muon1 writing to the same file could cause this, as could manually truncating the file at an inappropriate place (it should be done after then muon % line).  But I suspect you don't do this and it is in fact a glitch either with my stats-server end or the Muon1 results-reprocessing that it does before sending.  Fortunately it's quite rare, and the v4.22 has a few related bugs fixed.  I hope to get v4.22 working later this week.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[SG] DOA
2002-09-27 09:07:13
Hmm.  The only reason could be my dual systems then...?  But IIRC I didn't use you 2-instances-feature but made two separate folders containing a Muon1 each.
So looked at 'em from this angle it shouldn't be the reason, eh?

Gerald
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-27 12:59:43
Using my multithreading feature should be safe, as should what you're doing (2 separate installations).  The thing you should NOT do is run two instances of the same file so it writes to the same results file.

Anyway this seems irrelevant to the problem.  I'm now debugging v4.22 which has a fair number of bugs and stability issues fixed, but it has taken a long tim due to a very large backend modification I made to the code (enabling a feature I plan for v5, but testing it now to check it works).

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162354 accesses.