stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralOne-click installer test
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2011-03-25 18:50:27
If you are using a computer without Muon1 you can try the following.

Try downloading and running this EXE file: Muon1_inst.exe

It ought to install Muon1 on your system without having to extract an archive or similar.  The reason I say only try it on systems without Muon1 already on them is that it will put Muon1 in the Program Files folder and overwrite anything that was already called "Muon1" that was there.
Stephen Brooks
2011-03-28 19:26:37
I've just updated this to not overwrite config.txt (it also won't overwrite results.txt, results.dat, any other files that aren't part of the installation).

It will now also shut down any Muon1 instances that are running from the directory before overwriting.  Icon given 32x32 and 48x48 resolutions.  There's also a link to the Muon1 folder in the start menu group.

Still to do: Uninstaller mostly works, but can't delete itself!
Installer isn't compressed in any way.
Installer doesn't start Muon1_background up when it's finished, you currently have to start it again manually.
Stephen Brooks
2011-03-29 18:15:47
Updated again (same link as before).  Uninstaller can now shut down any instances of Muon1 running from the folder and then delete itself and the folder.

Installer will shut down any running instances of the old version and start muon1_background automatically if user.txt exists, otherwise it starts the graphical version, which has a prompt for username.

Still to do: compression?  There is also maybe some bug for users who aren't administrators, which I'm testing with someone.
Stephen Brooks
2011-03-30 14:20:44
Performance in Windows 7, Vista etc. seems patchy because of different access privileges and so on.  I'm giving up on this idea for the time being.  There are some tools that create ".msi" installers that might work better.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162294 accesses.