stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsSum of total particles simulated
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
gogomaus
2002-09-06 04:34:35
Stephen,
this is strictly not a prog issue, but a minor stats error.  Since some days the totalling of total particles simulated shows a shrinking value.  Now one reads some 20 billion for the whole community, but adding it up (rawstats.txt) should lead to some 28 billion.  Could you have at look at it, whenever you find a minute time ?
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-06 07:20:58
Yes I noticed that too.  It seems to alternate between somewhere near the correct value and several billion below that.  It's reassuring that muon1rawstats.txt contains the correct figures by totalling that column because it suggests this is a roll eyes-arithmetic error in the adding up rather than a mad-error caused by mis-parsing the results database.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Pascal
2002-10-23 02:36:26
There's still a bug in the stats concerning the sum of all particles.  If you have a look into the stats for the teams, the sum may be much over 50 billion.

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-23 04:41:06
Ah, I hadn't coded for individual people's scores being much over 1 billion.  Essentially I'd forgotten to carry some "billions" over when adding up in double precision.  It should be fixed now.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159229 accesses.