stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsMinor (?) De-sync of numbers
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
AySz88
2002-09-28 14:46:44
I've noticed that sometimes the current particles in the current/total/estimatedfinaltotal number thing will go up though the total stays the same, then the total going up in the next frame refresh.  Hopefully the program doesn't use the de-sync'ed numbers when saving, right?  razz
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-28 15:36:06
Those numbers are: active particles / total particles / memory allocated

The third one goes up in slow jumps because I don't want to have to mess around with the memory every frame.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
AySz88
2002-09-28 18:24:58
Err...

I mean the second and first don't seem to show the data at the same point in the simulation.
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-29 06:22:28
The first number can go both up and down due to decays and particles hitting the walls etc. The second number can only go up, due to decays.  So the first can sometimes stay the same while the second goes up, and various other combinations.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
AySz88
2002-09-29 08:39:28
You misunderstood again...the first went up with the second staying the same, which CAN'T happen.  Active can't go up without the total going up.

[This message was edited by AySz88 on 2002-Sep-29 at 18:46.]

[This message was edited by AySz88 on 2002-Sep-29 at 18:46.]
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-29 12:33:46
Oh I see it now.  There was a minor bug in logic.c
	sortparticles();
dopiondecays(b);
should be replaced by
	dopiondecays(b);
sortparticles();

...because the pion decays change which particles have active status, and "sortparticles" is meant to be called last so that the active particles are at the beginning of the array.  As it happens this will make a very minor error to the simulation.  Now if I could only fix the remaining bugs with v4.22 I'll upload a fixed version.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159108 accesses.