stephenbrooks.orgForumTalkMallardsPulling the rug out from underneath your cat
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-06-24 15:01:13
As the topic title suggests, this is a thread devoted to posting peculiar screenshots of Windows (or just your desktop, if it's odd enough).

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Thomas King
2002-06-25 03:23:50
Muahahahaaa.  I bet this is going to fodge something, or other. 

Grank grank!
Nimrod
2002-06-25 13:48:27
Yes, they're old.

Stephen Brooks
2002-06-25 14:26:24
A typical selection of stuff I run.  The toucan advertising a website for a breakfast cereal is hidden behind a window full of C code and in front of a super-size version of my hexagonal website background.

You see I have nothing better to do with my time sometimes...

And can anyone guess what THESE are?

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Nimrod
2002-06-26 05:52:20
OK this looks bad for 2 reasons:

1) I used far too much jpeg compression
2) It's a mac.

Point 2 saddens me greatly, because it's my dad's machine, which means my PC is broken.  You wouldn't want to see a shot of my PC's desktop, because i have 2 monitors, so the image would be 2304*960 pixels.  And *sniff* I only know 5 people on Yahoo messenger, 2 of whom are the same.

And, Stephen why don't you use your own source code editor?  If you won't use it, how can you expect other people to use it?

Stephen Brooks
2002-06-26 15:36:32
quote:
Originally posted by Nimrod:
And, Stephen why don't you use your own source code editor?  If you won't use it, how can you expect other people to use it? 

I did actually use it for a while about a year back, but it's currently had bits added to it which means it currently is a work-in-progress and not generally good enough for actually using.  I also wonder about re-writing it completely at times.  It did have some value though, as all the font-plotting routines used in Muon1 etc. were originally written specifically for that editor.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25164328 accesses.