stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsThe Mozilla Museum
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Lord Groundhog
2002-08-07 07:43:01
While looking for something completely unrelated, I was misdirected to an ODD and (possibly) interesting page about Mozilla.  It's at:
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/mozilla/index.html
-- and it goes by the title "The Mozilla Museum". Some of it is even informative.  Much of it is peculiar. 

For those interested in technical oddities in browsers, there is a "bug gallery" which may provide a few moments of fun. 

BTW, when you go to a certain link, you are offered another link to Jeff Lee's home page.  Weird enough to reward a visit on it's own.

-- peace.  LG
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-09 02:42:41
One nice quote from I think the "Ex-Netscape employees' site" was: "Netscape was a company that was as cool in 1993-4 as Google is now." I think that just about sums it up.

There was also an economics article which asked the question "Why does Netscape still exist?"... given that it's now less good than more-or-less any of the competition, they wondered why on Earth AOL bought it for several million $ instead of letting it die of natural causes.

ERRRRRRRR and on the Scientology Gaffs links page also on that guy's site, there's a chart of "How to become an enlightened tribble". Very very strange.  I'll bung a link here because it is rather bizarre.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Lord Groundhog
2002-08-09 07:25:27
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
ERRRRRRRR and on the Scientology Gaffs links page also on that guy's site, there's a chart of "How to become an enlightened tribble". Very very strange.  I'll bung a link here because it is rather bizarre.

To me the worst thing is that the $cientologists really believe all that, and I'm quite sure they don't realize that to most other people, those little pictures do look like tribbles.

-- peace.  LG
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-09 07:36:17
Well they have created a mostly-arbitrary scale that tries to convert different moods of tribbles into numbers.

-40.0 Chris Johnson
-30.0 Linux (badly-installed)
-15.0 Waterproof anoraks
-14.0 Windows ME
-10.0 The Walrus
-7.5 Linux (functional)
-6.0 Talking to a drain cover
-5.5 Newspapers
-3.0 Philosophy
-2.5 C++
-1.05 Differential equations
-0.8 Hypnosis
-0.4 Bus journeys
0.0 Politics
+0.15 Windows
+0.4 String theory
+0.6 Coca-Cola
+1.2 This website
+1.3 Antarctica
+2.5 An articulated truck
+3.0 Ducks in general
+4.0 Falling off a chair
+4.5 Hammers
+4.75 Nanotechnology
+4.8 Hammers (radio-controlled)
+5.0 The rest of the junk on Lord Groundhog's desk
+6.0 Mallards
+7.5 Recursion
+8.0 A bag of geese
+25.0 Nuclear explosives
+40.0 Transmutation of lead into orange juice

It is fairly obviously made-up.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2002-Aug-09 at 14:55.]
Lord Groundhog
2002-08-13 18:27:43
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
Well they have created a mostly-arbitrary scale that tries to convert different moods of tribbles into numbers.

+8.0 A bag of geese
+25.0 Nuc lear explosives
+40.0 Transmutation of lead into orange juice

[a] you posted the tones scale upside down, making you what they call "out-tech" and a "squirrel" (congratulations!  -- squirrels of all kinds are particularly fine animals, as is shown by the fact that $camintology hates them so much).  It's a p rivilege, though by no means a rare one.

[b] you left out various levels between +8.0 and +25.0 such as:
+11.3 submarine race-watching
+17.8 stoning the crows
+21.5 pretending you've grown an extra arm and getting others to believe you

-- as well as th ose between +25.0 and +40.0 including:
+29.0 eating mango and pepperoni pizza
+32.7 scratching your back when it itches a lot
+35.0 drinking a really well-made espresso under a warm sun in Malta
+39.99999999999999999 annoying $camintology

[c] "mostly-arbitrary" ???  -- which bits weren't, do you think?

Anyway, I thought the tilman site had a lot of interesting stuff on it.

-- peace.  LG
ca
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25165262 accesses.