stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warsmore suggestions
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Hannibal
2002-09-05 09:19:29
Hi,

It will be nice to see "last browser played" incon next to boards on the main site.  Reload link will be useful too.  What do you think?

Hannibal
Pascal
2002-09-05 11:53:28
I reload by pressing F5 under Internet Explorer.  Thats faster than klicking white spots on your monitor.  big grin
And they can't move away any more... roll eyes

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-05 15:26:48
I was wondering about displaying the following:

1. Browser last played
2. Browser last won
3. Browser with most wins on that board

...but I'm still trying to think of a way to display those three compactly without it getting too confusing.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
kio
2002-09-06 03:47:33
just an indicator whether you can currently place a coin on a game or not would be good.

... kio !
kio
2002-09-06 12:11:20
indicator on main page looks great! 

... kio !
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-06 12:17:47
Yes, we just had a brief episode of geese when my browser-detection script had an error in it.  Things seem back to normal now.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
vliw
2002-09-07 13:53:51
Just another thought:

Is it possible to block different browsers running on one ip-address?  More and more i got the feeling that some players are using a *main browser* for normal playing.  But if things are getting harder they start a second (or even a third) browser to block other player rows and prepare own rows for there *main browser*.

I knew that this ip-blocking sadly would block all fair players running via a proxy, too.  frown

Sincerely Hauke
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-07 14:25:19
This is not happening because I prevent people from playing consecutively from the same IP even if they use different browsers.  I also ask for both the referred IP address and the original IP address, so this even worked for me in University where I was working via a proxy/LAN/compicated stuff/sockets/you know what I mean?

Have you yourself managed to "cheat" in this way?

Hannibal
2002-09-08 03:20:26
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
This is not happening because I prevent people from playing consecutively from the same IP even if they use different browsers.  I also ask for both the referred IP address and the original IP address, so this even worked for me in University where I was working via a proxy/LAN/compicated stuff/sockets/you know what I mean?

Have you yourself managed to "cheat" in this way?

It probably doesn't work.  Couple days ago, I have played with 3 browsers in the same time (Galeon[Mozilla], Opera & Konqueror) cool. But I didn't cheat, beacause I played on diffrent boards.  Maybe from that reason I can did that big grin.

Hannibal
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-09 01:54:31
Yes, you can play as different browsers on separate boards with the same IP, as the boards are considered to be independent of each other.

2002-09-11 17:41:33
perhaps a "team" feature.  Let MSIE 4/5/6 have their own icons but they have to share turns, likewise NS/Mozilla?  Or perhaps not.

An overall winner board?  If this is the definitive answer to the browser question, it seems odd it's spread out among 8 boards.
2002-09-11 17:44:03
Or just have all the MSIE / Mozilla-Netscape stats shared and they all play one icon each.

There's already a total high score list.
Pascal
2002-09-12 02:05:51
How do you think about any avatar-wars?  big grin

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25338789 accesses.