Subscribe to thread via RSS
kio
2002-09-30 11:30:24
hi,

again a suggestion for the reload page issue:

two meta tags for the html head:

< !-- for the browser: -->

< !-- for the proxy: -->

at least the first line could improve the caching problem with some browsers.
what do you think about it?

... kio !
kio
2002-09-30 13:45:31
sh*t,

my html tags got lost.  here they come again:

for the browser cache:
<meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache">

for the proxy:
<meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache">

... kio !
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-30 14:45:13
OK, done that.  smile

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
kio
2002-10-01 00:39:55
Hi Stephen,

You were too fast and added a slash before the closing bracket.  Copy & paste is a hard job during night time, eh? 

... kio !
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-01 02:01:38
I added a slash to make it more XML-compliant

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-01 02:02:45
I've taken the slash away now.  Does it do what you wanted now?

kio
2002-10-01 10:34:41
Hi Stephen,

actually no, it doesn't work for iCab.  Though it's no problem, because the reload links work well with their querry argument.  it's just that i get the last view of the main page when i click on "Select another board..." on a board.  Hmm... it was worth a try and maybe it helps some other browser without us to notice it. 

... kio !
kio
2002-10-04 03:41:19
Einen hab' ich noch.  Nur einen noch...

Hi Stephen,

just one thing left:

you could also add the dummy argument to the link "Select another board..." on the game pages, so that at least i would get immediately an up to date page when i click on that link.  currently i have to click on relad immediately after that, which is no problem, simply unpleasant and time consuming and traffic generating and... i donno. 

... kio !
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-04 05:05:50
I've now fixed a few bugs with the de-caching random query info: in some places it wasn't appearing at all due to a bug in the code.

kio
2002-10-04 06:22:00
Hi Stephen,

yes, it works great now. 
and there is a _random_ query again for the "reload" button on the main page, though the non-random bogus query message up to now worked quite well for me too. 

... kio !
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163049 accesses.