stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&Aappending the results.dat file
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
FoBoT
2002-10-02 14:30:45
what is the correct way to do this??
i opened results.dat with notepad and copy/pasted from the 250 file and 1000 file onto the end of it, but i don't know if that is right
it doesn't seem to be doing anything different after i tried that

Use the right tool for the right job!
John Kitchen
2002-10-02 17:28:53
That is exactly what I did, and the results were changed dramatically.  Now I am running very close to 3%, up from way below 1%. Takes longer, but more useful.  You will still see low numbers sometimes.  If you do not see higher results after a few cycles, check the paste to see if it looks odd.  John
FoBoT
2002-10-02 18:04:59
thanks, i will give it a while
i just wanted to make sure there wasn't something that could foul it up, like having too many returns or spaces or something between the original stuff and the stuff i added

it does seem to be taking quite a bit longer on this run

Use the right tool for the right job!
John Kitchen
2002-10-02 18:21:43
smile If it is taking longer, that is goodness, it means more particles are surviving in the simulation, and you are getting greater efficiency in "your" design.  Once you get some results building in RESULTS.TXT, use MUON1VIEWRESULTS to check out your highest score, remembering to use the F key to choose RESULTS.TXT, NOT dot DAT!  I have a dual Athlon MP2100+ and if the simulation chooses a "good" model, it takes hours (probably about two).  With lower scores it is over much faster.  John
wirthi [Free-DC]
2002-10-06 02:31:07
Fobot, also note that you get more "stats-points" for results with better scores.  AFAIK you get (particles retained)*15 stats points for results with a score of 3.0; the factor increases/decreases with the score of the result.  (So you get similar stats-points for similar computation time)
HETTATLONGUN
2002-10-06 06:15:36
If you are running a dualy box, use the command line version, with the Config.txt file set to Tracks: 2. The simulations run faster and use both processors.

If you are going to use the best 250 or best 1000, use either one.  It isn't necessary to have both.  I use the best 250. cool

Ahh, morning....Nothing like a good cigar, a cup of coffee and the sound of hot shell casings hitting the deck....HETT[TEP]
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-06 11:46:22
quote:
Originally posted by HETTATLONGUN:
If you are running a dualy box, use the command line version, with the Config.txt file set to Tracks: 2. The simulations run faster and use both processors.

The dual-thread feature works on the Graphics and Background versions as well.  On the 2x1.4GHz AMD at work you could really see those pions whizzing along big grin
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162684 accesses.