stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&A3 offline pc's ...
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[DPC] Zephyer
2002-10-23 10:35:22
Ok ...
I've got 3 pc's which don't have internet access...
Is it possible to put the client on each of them, then put the 1000 best results on each ...

After a while, copy each results.dat to a:\
Then import each results.dat (for example results1.dat, results2.dat and results3.dat) into the results.dat of the pc which has internet access ??

If this is possible, tell me how to import the files from a:\ to the internet pc ...
Thnkx.
AySz88
2002-10-23 17:27:29
I think you might be unclear on .txt and .dat:

Results.txt = Simulations done by your computer since the last time you sent out results.  When you send results, the file can be thought of as moved to stephan's server and deleted on your own computer.

Results.dat = NOT deleted (or even sent) when you send results.  Cumulative simulations; with the top-1000/250, previous results done by your computer, etc. This is the one that's used to help make better designs, saved on your computer, never touched by anyone else.

So copy the .txts or the non-connected 3 computers to the .dat AND .txt of the internet-capable computer, and then send it.  The .txt will be sent and deleted, but the copy in the .dat won't be deleted.

[This message was edited by AySz88 on 2002-Oct-24 at 0:35.]

[This message was edited by AySz88 on 2002-Oct-24 at 0:36.]
[DPC] Zephyer
2002-10-24 02:35:37
Thnkx, you made it all clear ... big grin
rsarkezi
2002-11-10 06:49:12
Erm,

what if I bring the whole folder to the internet pc and sending the results manualy without merging the .txt.  and .dat files?

-----------------------------
Be efficient!
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-10 15:07:47
quote:
Originally posted by rsarkezi:
what if I bring the whole folder to the internet pc and sending the results manualy without merging the .txt.  and .dat files?

It'll send the TXT results as normal.  However you've then got to make sure you delete the sent TXT file on the no-net-ed machine so you won't send the same stuff twice the next time.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
rsarkezi
2002-11-11 13:16:01
I cut and paste the whole folder to a zip and after upload I cut and paste the folder to the hd again, so it should be no problems...

Be efficient!
[DPC]Scorpion
2002-11-11 15:16:31
quote:
Originally posted by rsarkezi:
I cut and paste the whole folder to a zip and after upload I cut and paste the folder to the hd again, so it should be no problems...

Be efficient!

you must love to do a lot of work

i just copy all my result.txt files to one big results.txt file using run.cmd -f (from fetch)

that file i FTP

then i merge em with the best 250 and make a new topfile

then i do a run.cmd -t to all my machines (t from top)

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161931 accesses.