stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralStats Down ?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
LinearB
2002-10-25 09:08:13
Not really a big issue but stats appear to not have been updated since 2:00 am, any probs ?

Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 09:21:35
Erm... DUH guess who hadn't got Task Scheduler switched on big grin

Sorry about that.  It was an IE6 SP1 installation that turned it off and I didn't notice.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
LinearB
2002-10-25 09:24:57
No probs, just been missing my hourly fix wink

Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 10:15:23
Ah yes, slight other stats problem right now - I find I've got the thing to allocate memory on the assumption that every line in the file is 5000 bytes long, which means [SG] DOA's 35MB file gets allocated in memory as about 280MB, which my computer panics at.  Fixing that...

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[SG] DOA
2002-10-25 10:22:30
*sigh*
Me again... :-/ Should I step back from that project?  /joke *sncr*
But seriously: Why is it mine and not, for example Bluumi's file, who has more results AND more particles than me...?  *curious*

Gerald
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 10:24:56
Right, got a better memory management thing in.  Script runs faster too - parses about 5MB/sec of results.  I watched it go while having a RAM-usage monitor also there.  It weathered loading DOA's big file into memory alright, although for some bizarre reason, the RAM usage consistently decreased as it was doing this, and then fell another 40MB when finished.  Weird stuff.

Right now I'm just re-counting the results.  I'll get it so that it does repeat-checks on the new incoming batches soon.

Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 10:32:07
Blummi's file also caused a crash.  You just happen to be higher on the usernames list... big grin

I think the stats are working now, and as an added bonus there's repeat-checking now instated.

Oh... spoke too soon... about 5 people appear to have got 200`000`000`000 particles from nowhere.  I'll go and sort that out...

Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 10:54:31
OK, back to normal now, but I had to switch the repeat-checker back off, as most people seem to have a few repeats by chance.

[ARS]odessit
2002-10-25 11:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:

Right now I'm just re-counting the results.  I'll get it so that it does repeat-checks on the new incoming batches soon.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a _spiral space-time whirly thing_, AND an interesting plotline"

Are you talking about the duplicate results.txt send expoit?

ARS Team Atomic Milkshake
Unofficial Muon1 FAQ
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 11:45:21
Well actually the way I would have it right now, it won't find duplicate _separate_ files because it only checks within each individual batch that gets sent.  But it's switched off anyway for now.  I'll think about other methods.

[ARS]odessit
2002-10-25 13:03:11
What are the chances of having duplicate results?
Maybe scanning each user and ajusting the score accordingly?

ARS Team Atomic Milkshake
Unofficial Muon1 FAQ

[This message was edited by odessit on 2002-Oct-25 at 20:26.]
pvs
2002-10-25 15:44:38
I have only a few results now, but I do have duplicate results.  I used to sort my results.dat by hand so i know there are.  But most or perhaps all of them are at 0.xxx%

Pit
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161031 accesses.