stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&AQuality results revisited
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
De Bug
2002-10-25 09:09:25
I have aditional questions
1) Is it worth sending low muon transfer percentage results to server ?
2) Is it worth keeping such results in my results.dat file ?
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-25 09:10:50
Not really, but they make up less than 25% of the results, so not a real problem.  If you keep them in results.dat the algorithm will just ignore them because they are low.  Also, these low ones simulate so fast compared to the bigger ones they don't make much impact on overall speed.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
LinearB
2002-10-26 04:46:57
Slightly different question but along similar lines, is it worth pruning the .dat file every so often or just let all the results accumulate ?

Stephen Brooks
2002-10-26 04:52:44
The program was designed to work "out of the box" apart from the addition of user.txt, so my original idea was just to let the results accumulate in results.dat.  It will mostly only use the higher results, so you could prune that file if you're worried about disk space.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163571 accesses.