stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Generaloh. A best250 file is out
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-27 14:34:54
Yes I decided to release a new one, as a few more results near 3.5% have appeared.  Seems odd that everyone is still stuck around 3.05% after this time but never mind.

For all the new users... You either overwrite or append results.DAT with the file out of the best250.zip.  (Leave results.txt alone).

No best1k this time because I don't think there was any point (and anyway it's a big 1.2MB file and I have to pay for this bandwidth).

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC]Duracell
2002-10-28 10:14:59
No hard feelings against astra412, but how come he produced 7 of the top 11 results in the best 250 eek
Is this just a really lucky guy/girl, has he got a real smart CPU or is this caused by something completely above our undersanding.
[DPC] Jive
2002-10-28 10:30:20
And how come he's in the top250 & the rawstats .. but not in the teamstats confused
[DPC]Duracell
2002-10-28 12:37:49
quote:
Originally posted by [DPC] Jive:
And how come he's in the top250 & the rawstats .. but not in the teamstats confused

To that, i know the answer, he isn't a member of any team(no tags in his name) wink
[DPC]Scorpion
2002-10-28 13:28:26
probably when you have beter results in your own.dat file

reslut.dat that is

you get better newer results

so that's why there is a new release so everybody got more best muons in his download

prokaryote
2002-10-28 15:10:17
I agree with Scorpion, depending on the population sampling scheme that Stephen has utilized with the client, a typical SGA (simple genetic algorithm) will quickly favor those most fit individuals in a population.  Therefore, if Astra412 hit upon a new allelle schema that returned a significantly higher fitness function (% Muons transfered?) then this will quickly dominate the population.  After downloading the new best Muons, we all should start seeing these types of numbers as well.

prok.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163040 accesses.