stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralHas anyone scored over 3.1 using the Windows Client?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
John Kitchen
2002-10-29 11:43:55
Is this the differentiator between the high and low results?  I am using the Windows client and my high score slips further behind, despite keeping up to date with the latest best250.
DrHanser
2002-10-29 13:10:17
Ditto that here, however, OS shouldn't make a bit of difference, considering that it's running the same scientific core.  Theoretically.  wink

--
The mark of an educated man is one who knows a lot about something, and a little about everything.
John Kitchen
2002-10-29 13:46:45
Assuming that the code is ported faithfully (a reasonable assumption razz), there is one area that could be different, and that is the Random Number Generator.  They are unlikely to be identical.  But if they are both very good, the differences should not be large.  I am just wondering why there is such a distinct difference in this CHART of the top 250 between the tight cloud in the bottom left, and the loose cloud in top right.
DukeBox
2002-10-29 14:41:33
quote:
Originally posted by John Kitchen:
Assuming that the code is ported faithfully (a reasonable assumption razz), there is one area that could be different, and that is the Random Number Generator.  They are unlikely to be identical.  But if they are both very good, the differences should not be large.  I am just wondering why there is such a distinct difference in this http://217.160.138.71/download/muMon/images/top250_plot.gif of the top 250 between the tight cloud in the bottom left, and the loose cloud in top right.
Mine (3th place) was made with a window sclient.
John Kitchen
2002-10-29 15:10:48
Excellent!  This gives me hope!!  big grin Thanks, John.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162820 accesses.