stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralDowntime?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
pvs
2002-10-30 17:39:21
Seen from my side, stephenbrooks.org was down from 30.10 5:00 to 31.10 2:00.
(german notation razz) But here are psotings dated 30.10 for example 23:45, so I wonder, what happend.  All SG Members an Ars Members I know couldn't get on this site.  First i couldn't get the rawstats and it took a very long time till the errormessage was shown, later there was no DNS-Route to stephenbrooks.org (only after 17:00h)
(errormessage took 1 second)

O.K. the site is online, but the stats are dated 30.10. 18:00h ???

What happend?
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-30 18:43:04
My webhost had a bad day.  Don't worry - the Muon1 client is designed just to wait for the FTP to come back up again before sending, so nothing will be lost.

I'll sort out the stats thing soon.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
BrettJB
2002-10-30 19:07:07
Your host is still having a bad day (err.. night, from my time zone).  You're still not resolving in any of the 20 or so DNS servers I've tried (most based in the US).  InfoPop blew it, or was it somewhere down the line from them?

Fortunately, I found your IP posted, added it to my hosts file and all is well.

--Brett
astra412
2002-10-30 19:12:36
I don't think it's just InfoPop.  I've come across address all over the web today that haven't been working, not that that's all to uncommon anyway.  But as an additional note the server on our campus was up and down all morning with IT refusing to give an explaination.

Astra412
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-30 19:50:05
Yes it's apparently not InfoPop who have messed up the DNS, it's EnSim, who provide back-end software for managing various sorts of webhosting accounts.  Apparently when InfoPop updated to their latest release, the DNS went mallards.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25164164 accesses.