stephenbrooks.orgForumTalkSensibleWorld maps
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-30 20:45:40
I took two world-map projections off the internet and made a program to wrap them around a sphere and then blend between the two.  I'm not quite sure why, but I wanted to do this.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC] Jive
2002-10-31 02:28:08
I bet one of those bright lights in Holland is the city i live in smile
DrHanser
2002-10-31 05:18:45
It looks very similar to xPlanet, which changes your desktop background in various ways to show the world as it appears at night.  Here's a screenshot of my desktop:

Sorry it's 0.03MB.  I can't abide using anything but low quality rescaled JPGs for screenshots.

--
The mark of an educated man is one who knows a lot about something, and a little about everything.

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2002-Nov-05 at 20:18.]
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-31 05:39:19
Come to think of it Celestia does a thing like this too.  I would have uploaded that image as another one in my images folder, but it's a derivative of other images that are probably copyrighted.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Lord Groundhog
2002-11-05 10:14:18
i foresee that if this page attracts much of this kind of traffic, the download time
will gradually approach the speed of mallards swimming in a tarpit...

just a thought.

-- peace.  LG

[This message was edited by Lord Groundhog on 2002-Nov-05 at 17:35.]
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 13:18:40
That has now been dealt with.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25102336 accesses.