stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&Amore than 8 hours on a xp 2200+ :S
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Maku
2002-11-01 01:13:48
Hi ive just installed it 3 day's ago and i forgot to add the 250 results.dat to the original .. when i did that and restartet the grapical version of muon it took up to 8 hours for just one result ... the % muons was going up to 13+% during that progress .. only at the end of the simulation where the stream of muons is bent ....

it dropped dowm huge !!!  back to 3.xxx%

Why dit this happend ?
[DPC] Jive
2002-11-01 10:31:34
I havent gotten past 2.98 myself yet ...
Consider urself lucky.
prokaryote
2002-11-01 13:02:45
Hi Maku,

See paper Here that explains some of the physics involved.  Basically, from my understanding, the chicane's purpose is to get as many muons bunched together so that the grouping can be captured by the linac within one waveform (refered to as a bucket in the paper).  The muons that enter the chicane have different energies (velocities) and arrive spread out over time.  The chicane can only do so much to vary the pathlengths to capture and group these muons.  Therefore, many high energy and low energy muons are lost.  Perhaps, the chicane can be optimized to work with the incoming muon beam from the solenoid chain, but it is not done so on this version of the client.  Also, the various parts (solenoid, chicane, linac) are not totally independent, therefore, adding another compenent will change the dynamics and optimum conditions.  Hope that this helps.

prok

www.ninjamicros.com mathematical projects
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161223 accesses.