Subscribe to thread via RSS
eszett
2002-11-01 20:23:19
basic rundown:
  • you may choose flash or html
  • time (since last move or lock expiry) updates automatically
  • shoutbox for all browsers or a certain browser
  • chat to specific users list provided
  • for private games, you can place a piece directly from the main "page" of the flash
  • the rest is much like the html version
  • maybe an html equivalent of chat/shoutbox
heh, that was random razz
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-02 04:02:21
Only trouble with that is I'd first have to learn Flash, then I'd have to learn the networking commands in Flash, neither of which I know anything about at present.

The chatbox thing I can install in the current HTML game - I mean, since not all browsers support Flash I'd rather keep this HTML only.

However I think some sort of highly-multiplayer Flash wargame where each IP address or user is a character at a spot on a map might be a good idea.  I'll keep that in reserve for if I ever learn Flash...

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Austrian
2002-11-04 00:34:06
Forget flash - it's not necessary at all.  Only a "plaything" for big children
Stay with good old and compatible HTML - that's the better way to do websites!
Tom King
2002-11-04 06:37:12
Hear hear.  Flash is despicable and all round mangey.

#
Abs
2002-11-19 02:29:33
i wouldn't be winning flash games with any other software than the macromedia plug-in..
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162978 accesses.