stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&A[To Stephen] Flushing but toilet won't work - err I mean Muon score not updated
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[DPC] Zephyer
2002-11-04 07:37:50
Stephen,

We're flushing a lot (yesterdag and today) but we don't see this in our results ...
Are some results getting lost ?  eek
Even on today, we already flushed >40kb ... big grin

Member off [DPC]Alphen // Project Muon
Don't Underestimate The Power Of The NeT
God is my Pilot, but the Devil is my Bombadeer....

[This message was edited by Stephen Brooks on 2002-Nov-05 at 20:16.]
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-04 19:45:26
Your results file here was modified just 6 hours ago, so something must have got through.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
smalltalker
2002-11-05 02:07:35
I'm not sure if it is connected but I manually uploaded results from two machines just before 08:00 (UTC) this morning.  I got the message box acknowledgement for both uploads but (as of 10:05) nothing is showing on the stats - it's still showing my last update as nearly 4 days ago.

I won't lose any sleep over it, but I thought you might like to know.

Ian
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 04:50:51
The FTP access on my website is currently being rather weird - I keep finding the stats-uploader script has frozen half-way through an upload or download.

To try and fix this, I've increased the frequency of FTP-pulls to one every 20 minutes and told Windows to quit the task if it runs for more than 15 minutes (so one session timing out doesn't affect the next).  Hopefully then at least _some_ of them will upload all the files.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
smalltalker
2002-11-05 08:14:16
Stephen,

Would it be ok (safe) to copy the results that I uploaded this morning, the ones that were lost, from results.dat to results.txt and upload them again - or should I just forget about them?

Ian
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 09:53:14
Yes, you can re-upload in these cases when they have evidently gone missing off the server.  I think it's possible someone is maliciously deleting them, although the server's behaviour also suggests there's something dodgy with the server itself right now.  I wouldn't normally advocate this sort of re-sending but for now it is the most sensible option.  Any duplicates will be removed later.

[DPC]Scorpion
2002-11-05 10:44:27
A DPC members also lost his results (division brabant)

i told him to do the copy trick from the results.dat to the results.txt

but is there any timestamp indication?  so he can resend the right ones

if not could you do an extra dupecheck run upcoming weekend or so

i do think the results were lost in the hangup of the statsuploader earlier today.

maybe some other DPC'ers are turning in some lost results

Stephen Brooks
2002-11-05 11:43:48
I've been watching my stats-uploader script, and the thing keeps losing contact with the server.  It's really irritating.  I think Infopop may be doing something "strange" because they haven't responded to a support ticket I send and I haven't been billed for this month's webhosting either.

[DPC] Zephyer
2002-11-05 23:17:54
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
I think Infopop may be doing something "strange" because they haven't responded to a support ticket I send and I haven't been billed for this month's webhosting either

Eh ... oops ... eek

[DPC] Zephyer
2002-11-06 04:39:00
Just looked in .dat ... exported and imported some results...
Stephen ... take a look plz... could be some doubles... wink

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163318 accesses.