stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&A[To Stephen] Lost results ...
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[DPC] Zephyer
2002-11-07 11:04:17
Stephen,
We're planning to send our complete .dat file with all new & old results ever send by us ...
This will screw up our stats, but this is the only way for us to be sure that all our results are uploaded.

P.s. On the other hand, if you send us our file with our received results, then we can do a dupe check our selves ... eek

Member off [DPC]Alphen // Project Muon
Don't Underestimate The Power Of The NeT
God is my Pilot, but the Devil is my Bombadeer....
Black-X
2002-11-07 11:15:36
Clan_Delft has the same plans..
Supp
2002-11-07 12:10:07
I'll do the same, it's only way to send in missing results...

rm -rf /
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-07 14:04:42
I've found a way of updating the stats by manually getting the files out of the FTP server.  So there'll be updates at intervals, when I can actually make a connection to it.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Black-X
2002-11-07 14:14:28
It's very strange you can't come into your FTP I can always
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-07 18:35:01
THe problem appears when you try to download all 100+ files off the server, I've found.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC] Zephyer
2002-11-07 22:54:08
quote:
Originally posted by [DPC] Zephyer:
Stephen,
We're planning to send our complete .dat file with all new & old results ever send by us ...
This will screw up our stats, but this is the only way for us to be sure that all our results are uploaded.

http://www.dutchpowercows.org/subteam.php?id=223 // http://muon.qik.nl/
_Don't Underestimate The Power Of The NeT
God is my Pilot, but the Devil is my Bombadeer...._

So this is not a problem ??

Stephen Brooks
2002-11-08 12:17:12
quote:
Originally posted by [DPC] Zephyer:
So this is not a problem ??

It looks as if my FTP-server error is caused by too many users (not enough ports), rather than lack of bandwidth or disk-space.  So it's not too bad a thing to do.  Just don't make a habit out of it.

[DPC]Alphen - Milo
2002-11-08 13:29:20
I, Milo, member of [DPC]Alphen friend of Zephyer uploaded al our results from the beginning.  This will probably give a lot of dupes.  Please do a dupe check before the stats update.

tnx
DukeBox
2002-11-08 13:52:39
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
`...Please do a dupe check before the stats update.
That's always better, it's a lot of work to 'fix' the stats when afterwards people get negative scores.
Black-X
2002-11-08 16:34:22
It's better to do before EVERY statsrun a dupcecheck so there's coming in a point fist check it isn't sent already...

Is it, don't put it into db is it a new point put it in the db, so you also doesn't have the problem from who is what muon en you can do the check across the whole db not only the team.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-08 18:58:28
There is a minor problem with that - how the hell do I have the whole 750MB database in memory in order to check whether or not the new results are unique?  It would call for some fairly careful indexing.  I'd have to use a hash function (do that already in my duplicate checker) and then build a file on my HDD that is a heap of hash-values, each hash-value having a (usually short) list of pointers to records in the files that might be identical.  OK, it's possible, but I've got more important things to do right now.

[DPC] Zephyer
2002-11-09 07:15:53
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
There is a minor problem with that - how the hell do I have the whole 750MB database in memory in order to check whether or not the new results are unique?  It would call for some fairly careful indexing.  I'd have to use a hash function (do that already in my duplicate checker) and then build a file on my HDD that is a heap of hash-values, each hash-value having a (usually short) list of pointers to records in the files that might be identical.  OK, it's possible, but I've got more important things to do right now.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a _spiral space-time whirly thing_, AND an interesting plotline"

Thanks anyway ...
The last updates went o.k. !!  wink

Maybe do a super check one time (everyone flush before that) ...
If that's done, everyone is happy, no one has to flush all his results again ... smile

Stephen Brooks
2002-11-09 07:37:41
I was thinking of doing a per-team duplicates check maybe smile Then if a team has thousands of dupes I'll do something about it.

I hope you see most of your results are now safely in the stats - the only ones that really got deleted were at the beginning when I didn't realise my FTP server was broken and the script started deleting ones it hadn't downloaded.

Goner
2002-11-09 08:02:17
quote:
The last updates went o.k. !!
mmm, i wonder ... sent a bunch earlier today (20021109-115905-enBnM-[DPC]TeamNWW.txt) but the stats didn't change ... unless i blinked and missed it.

Goner
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-09 09:02:38
What I meant was that I'd managed to clear the server just on THAT occasion.  I still can't do regular stats updates, but we're setting up this multi-server system to avoid my bad one.
Your file is in all probability still safely on the server and I'll get it the next time I feel like doing battle with intermittent FTP.

Black-X
2002-11-09 18:00:32
Okay but when the server is up again you will get lots of dupes from clan delft because we miss so much points if we look at your stats and the stats from you...

But I don;t want double trouble so I wait before the server is going well again!
DukeBox
2002-11-10 06:25:02
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
There is a minor problem with that - how the hell do I have the whole 750MB database in memory in order to check whether or not the new results are unique? 
Maybe i can help you with that ?  I've got a few robust database servers doing nothing at the moment.  (quad 933 XeonIII 4mb, 4gb ram->2gb dedicated 2 gb Drivemapped, 4*120gb 15000 rpm-> 240gb raid 0+1)
Itsn't it easy to make the 'results' table in your database uniq ?
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162212 accesses.