stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralGot some more stats off the server
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-08 21:02:37
I've been able to download the results up to about noon yesterday (17 hours ago).  I did a repeat check on the people who'd sent stuff in, and uploaded the updated stats.

Since the error is with the initial connect (i.e. the probability of it going wrong is per-file), I've started downloading the biggest files off first as well.  This is useful so my disk space won't run out.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-08 21:21:44
Now up to 6pm yesterday (11.3 hours ago).  Uploading another load of stats right now.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
ZeonX[OCAU]
2002-11-08 21:25:13
Ohh i uploaded some results about 4 hrs ago and it doesn't seem to be there..

But as i had to go out i thought i would try your WAP page for the stats and its very good... hehehe i thought it was really cool and its good how you can search.  Good work with that stephen.  wink
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-08 21:33:14
Now got as far as last midnight (5.5 hours ago).  Stats are updated.

Stephen Brooks
2002-11-08 21:45:32
RIGHT.  I'm up-to-date on the stats for now.  God it does take some patience to download about 1000 files when the connection keeps breaking down on you.  smile

quote:
Originally posted by ZeonX:
Ohh i uploaded some results about 4 hrs ago and it doesn't seem to be there..

I think you're in this update uploading now.

The thing with WAP is that the user is always limited to making a very small amount of input text, so the idea with the search was that you only have to specify the minimum number of letters to retrieve your username.  And again, if there are between 2 and 10 matches I don't make you go back and type it again (that'd be tedious), I let you select from a list.  Anyhow, glad you liked it.

I made a WAP realtime hitcounter for this site too, which is quite cool (watching the individual visitors appear).

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162028 accesses.