stephenbrooks.orgForumTalkMallardsI bought... a chessboard
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
DrHanser
2002-11-10 18:21:52
So I've been lusting over chessboards lately.  Ideally, I cobalt blue pieces for black, and either clear or frosted glass for white, with a glass playing board.

I saw some on yahoo stores that fit perfectly what I wanted, unfortunately it was ~$70. Being a poor college kid, I can't really afford that.  So I was at Kohl's today buying some warmup pants, and I came across chess boards.  Glass ones.  On Clearance for $13. eek

I couldn't resist, though it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

This is what I got, though my playing surface is a tad nicer:

Now I just need someone to play with.  frown

--
The mark of an educated man is one who knows a lot about something, and a little about everything.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-13 16:20:59
I always quite liked those fancy chessboards, but unfortunately I play about as well as the average 6-year-old.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC] Jive
2002-11-19 04:50:44
Chess for quick-thinkers needs training ...

I always was too impatient & too annoyed with lack of opponent-speed to get serious into chess.
And the basic indecision about what moves to make and such, coz i was always thinking too far ahead on a strategy without changing that strategy against my opponents strategy.

Guess i'm not the only one around who's too smart & impatient to play tha game.
Tom King
2002-11-19 11:42:48
The game of Go is far better, in terms of gameplay and all-round fun.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161346 accesses.