stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1General2 clients running in same directory
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
ZeRoC00L
2002-11-15 06:41:04
What happens if i run 2 different pc's in the same (shared) directory ??
If both clients write to the same results.txt i have to send only 1 time.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-15 07:37:18
That currently produces problems because the programs will read each others' autoxxx.sav files!

You can run one muon1_background.exe and one commandline in the same dir though.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
ZeRoC00L
2002-11-15 10:34:28
Ok, i understand, but what if i don't quit the clients, so they don't have to startover ?  Then the results shouldn't be loaded from disk, but from memory ?
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-15 11:33:09
quote:
Originally posted by ZeRoC00L:
Ok, i understand, but what if i don't quit the clients, so they don't have to startover ?  Then the results shouldn't be loaded from disk, but from memory ?

Slight problem here is that the program searches for a autoxxx.sav file at the beginning of every simulation (technically it only needs to do this at the beginning when the task is started).  This means the 2nd version might accidentally pick up the save file of the first.  I've made v4.22 so that it only checks on the first run...

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
huraxprax
2002-11-16 00:52:41
I used to run some clients on a network where each client was started in a different directory (for autocli.sav etc), but linked the results.dat and results.txt together in one file, so they could share the results.  No problems with that smile
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159561 accesses.