stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1General[DPC]Clan Delft
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-16 11:07:09
You have submitted the same 1.5MB file multiple times to one of the servers.  I'm going on there manually now to delete the copies.  If this continues I will stop accepting results from you and remove you from the stats.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC]Clan_Delft Alex
2002-11-16 13:50:37
the problem was that the stat generator didn't said we had new points.
in our file (1,5mb) we are still missing roundly 200.000.000 points.

but the files were send multiple times because our ftpuploader gaves error while sending.  The points where not deleted after the ftp error so the points were send again and agian.

sorry

[DPC]Clan Delft the team with a own proxy
Black-X
2002-11-16 14:32:20
It will not continue... The problem was that we whore missing points again and again... Until yesterday we thought we had found the problem and FTP'ed the results... But then we were again not updated... Then we read that you was rewriting the stats after we had sent the 1,5 mb much times...

We hope it will go good now...

Sorry for the problem...
Black-X
2002-11-16 14:53:34
We have now send our last probably lost results this time only 300 kb 1 time

Then we will never bully you again smile

All the bugs are deleted now...
2002-11-16 16:20:56
And sorry for the English language.  Not all Dutch people write that bad.
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-18 08:25:20
OK, that's alright.  I didn't mean to come across as annoyed if you didn't do it deliberately - just be careful when you write scripts...

The Oxford University computing hub went down for about 48 hours and I've only just come back.  My stats generator seems to have made contact with the servers again now - are your points up yet?

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[DPC]Clan_Delft Alex
2002-11-18 14:06:36
Yes I think we have all our points back.

Maybe it is a good time now to do a dupe check

[DPC]Clan Delft the team with a own proxy
Black-X
2002-11-18 14:07:25
The 800 million we have now is what we expected every thing is alright now!!  Tnx

But the problem with much big files was not the script but the points were not coming and we thought it was our fault... So sent them again and again...
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163682 accesses.