stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warswin bug
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
sgamer
2002-11-19 19:03:54
sometimes after winning, i get this bug:

Warning: fopen("advanced.txt.tmp", "w") - Permission denied in /home/virtual/site100/fst/var/www/html/browserwars/index.php on line 415

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/virtual/site100/fst/var/www/html/browserwars/index.php on line 417

and then when i refresh, the win still counts, and for my browser of course, but it says the "someone else won the game for you"-type message instead of saying i won.  minor annoyance right now, but just posting this incase its something to look into

= OWNAGE
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-19 19:11:29
Well, there'd been a bug earlier where the "advanced" breakdown of win-stats had partially been deleted, and I thought that was due to a conflict of two lots of the script trying to write at once, so I changed the script to write to a temporary file and then rename it over the original (so atomic and no conflicts).  However PHP has very low user-permissions, so it can't actually _create_ files all by itself, so now I've fixed that bug by making it _copy_ the file across, so it always exists and with the correct permissions.

But I wasn't quick enough and the blank temporary file got copied over the real stats file because I hadn't changed the permissions, so the advanced stats will have to build up from scratch again.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
sgamer
2002-11-19 19:12:59
better make files for the new boards now too, because:

Warning: Unable to access old/board11.txt in /home/virtual/site100/fst/var/www/html/browserwars/index.php on line 107

Warning: fopen("old/board11.txt", "r") - No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site100/fst/var/www/html/browserwars/index.php on line 107

Warning: fscanf(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/virtual/site100/fst/var/www/html/browserwars/index.php on line 111

= OWNAGE
sgamer
2002-11-19 19:13:57
oh, and unlike the first error, this one you cant refresh to get rid of.  frown

= OWNAGE
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-19 19:16:12
Should work now?

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
sgamer
2002-11-19 19:16:18
oh wow, seems to kinda work for me now...

= OWNAGE
sgamer
2002-11-19 19:16:32
lol, yes.  excellent smile

= OWNAGE
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25168697 accesses.