stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser WarsIt's far too easy to cheat
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Axel
2002-11-23 11:13:31
Sadly, it's fairly easy to cheat this game when it relies to the UserAgent information only.  I'm using Mozilla and fooled around a bit to see how easy it was, and it didn't complain a bit.  Wouldn't it be a good idea to do a IP check as well when a post was done to a board?  Just to check that a certain IP doesn't change browser over, let's say an hour?  I can easily change my useragent in seconds or even run multiple browsers to cheat this game.  Though it may mean a lot of work, the game would be better with a function like that.  What do you think?  wink
Stephen Brooks
2002-11-23 13:35:03
That doesn't actually seem too hard a thing to implement.  It would also fix another bug whereby someone in a locked game (lock is done by IP) switches browser.  When I get a spare evening I'll look into it.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25168577 accesses.