stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug Reportsproblems with flushing
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[DPC]fenrir
2003-01-08 01:21:09
recently I discovered that when I'm flushing some pieces of my result.txt got lost somehow.
example:
today I was flushing a result.txt with a filesize of 64.340
but the ftp server says I have flushed a file of 50.997. somehow about 17% of my results is lost.  I have a backup of this resultsfile but when I try to flush it again the same thing happens. 
I've taken a look at my resultfile with notepad but I couldn't find anything strange in the file.
can anyone explain this while this is not the first time this is happening to me??

[DPC]Clan of ToeT
Opera user
DukeBox
2003-01-08 14:27:58
quote:
Originally posted by [DPC]wwwouter:
recently I discovered that when I'm flushing some pieces of my result.txt got lost somehow.
example:
today I was flushing a result.txt with a filesize of 64.340
but the ftp server says I have flushed a file of 50.997. somehow about 17% of my results is lost.  I have a backup of this resultsfile but when I try to flush it again the same thing happens. 
I've taken a look at my resultfile with notepad but I couldn't find anything strange in the file.
can anyone explain this while this is not the first time this is happening to me??

As far as i know, the results.txt is uploaded as ascii (when using the ftp client that's included) tha will always reduce the data.. BUT if there are non-ascii characters in the file, it can become corrupted.  Mostly the EOF and EOL (CR and LF) characters are stripped..

Another possibility,

You have a harddrive formatted as FAT with a cluster size of 64k
if the file is '50.997' (i assume you meant bytes) it will always take '64.340' bytes local.  The server uses probably a NTFS of EXT3 formatting, so there isn't any 'slack' space.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161871 accesses.