stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warssafari
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
gilbert
2003-01-21 12:46:15
It's probably a good idea to add Safari while it's still new.  I don't know the id string, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-22 09:48:48
They haven't got a very high pagerank on Google yet... I search for "safari browser" and have not seen their actual homepage http://www.apple.com/safari/ listed.  Anyway, I'll have a go at adding it.

Err you know, if they made an extra-large black briefcase that also doubled as a 1-passenger car, some fool would complain it was too large to open at their desk
Stephen Brooks
2003-01-22 10:13:31
OK it's in now.  I'm just searching for the word "Safari" in the ID string and I hope that's sufficient.

Err you know, if they made an extra-large black briefcase that also doubled as a 1-passenger car, some fool would complain it was too large to open at their desk
gilbert
2003-01-22 14:11:18
I found that it is this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/48 (like Gecko) Safari/48

so searching for "Safari" should work unless other browsers also have Safari in the ID string.
Tom King
2003-01-24 10:48:52
Isn't that the browser that erases your home directory if you're not careful?
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162444 accesses.