stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralAlas, I no longer exist...
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
thormodr
2003-03-29 18:18:55
I may be jumping the gun, but I seem to have disappeared off the stats page.  I was ~150th, but now I'm not amongst the 1176 on the pageRed Face. It seems that Stephen did something recently, as everyone is showing having posted results either 0 or 1 hours ago...
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-03-30 00:38:56
Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I suspect it has something to do with the disappearing of the stats of previous builds.  As you can see at the team stats page, the columns for build 4.00, 4.0x and 4.1 are showing zero's all the way down.  That's not correct; I know there are people in there that worked with a previous version.

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Stephen Brooks
2003-03-30 02:23:50
That is bizarre and somewhat worrying.  I did recompile the stats generator about 4 days ago, but it should not have affected anything from the previous builds.  Some time last night it actually replaced all the v4.00-v4.1x files by files of zero length, so I no longer have them!  It did this spontaneously and I don't know why.  I'm backing up the v4.2 results to an archive now so at least they can't get deleted.

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-03-30 02:42:47
So we can consider those stats lost?  Too bad Frown

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Stephen Brooks
2003-03-30 10:05:52
Fortunately the 4.0-4.1x were I think less than 10% of the total results on this project, the best all being with v4.2x.

I've also figured out _why_ they disappeared.  At 1am last night, the UK moved into daylight-saving time, so the clocks moved forward an hour, including my computer clock that was adjusted by windows.  I think this messed up the datestamp-checking and caused my stats program to re-check through all the old results as well as the new ones (I heard a lot of crunching in the middle of the night coming from the hard-disk).  I think perhaps the Windows datestamp and the internal way I get time might have some difference that caused this behaviour (and made all the files appear to have been modified).

Anyway, this shouldn't have been a problem, but it turned out I hadn't written the checksum-checking program correctly for versions prior to v4.2, which I think didn't have a checksum at all.  So it removed all of them on the grounds that it thought they were defective!

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
Bananeweizen
2003-04-11 00:56:15
If you need your data of old versions back, I can provide you the data for all users and teams as I'm tracking the statistics of 18 DC projects (some limited to the first somethousand teams and users) since around February.
Just mail me at bananeweizen@gmx.de if necessary (will be out of town until Tuesday 20030415).

Ciao, Michael.

www.Rechenkraft.net - the most comprehensive german website about internet based distributed computing projects.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159950 accesses.