stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsAutosaved parameter_sets rechecking
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[AMD Users] Michal Hajicek
2003-04-12 03:09:40
Hi Stephen,
every autosaved parameter set is rechecked after program restarting no matter how good the set is (I mean the case when queue.txt is empty).  I don't know if this is a bug, it can also be your wish if you think that you can't rely on your autosave routine, but it can also be caused by the fact that autosaved work is loaded before results.dat, so the program can think it's the best result.
Michal
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-04-12 04:36:39
I think you're right.  I had the same 'problem' over here.

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-12 12:59:49
You have an uncanny insight into the workings of my program.  That was exactly what went wrong - when an autosave was loaded, the program did not load the scores from results.dat, so had a database of 0 to compare with, meaning when the design was saved it got rechecked automatically.

It took about 3 lines to fix this and it will be fixed in v4.31.

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
2003-04-12 13:16:01
I'm no guru.  The commandline client writes everything necessary to the console window.  Just observation.
2003-04-19 02:02:04
Once again.  I'm now using v 4.31a and I terminate the program during last rechecking run after autosaving.  When I restarted the client, it finished the last run and then saved the result to results.txt, but wrote only Mpts and percentage from the last run, regardless of queue.txt.  Another wrong code order?
2003-04-20 03:10:12
This bug is reproducible, and is also in v4.31b. And it's not necessary to terminate the last run.  You lost some previous rechecking runs anytime you restore from autosave file, if the saving was done during rechecking process.
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-20 14:17:27
This one sounds more serious - I think there's got to be a state-variable to do with the checking that I'm forgetting to put in the autosave file.  I'll add this to the "bugs to fix next" list.

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
2003-04-20 14:41:24
IMHO loading also queue.txt after autosave file was found could be enough.
Well, I think I'm right, I tried to delete queue.txt before client-restart, and everythink went the same way, when work was restored from autosave (only rechecking-runs-counter worked correctly), and program continued in rechecking even if low-percentage autosave was used, so the program knows it should do rechecking, because it seems that the runs-counter is in autosave-file and only queue.txt-last-line-reading is necessary to fix this thing.

[This message was edited by [AMD Users] Michal Hajicek on 2003-Apr-21 at 0:17.]
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25160336 accesses.