stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Q&ASize of results.dat
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[TA]Overkiller
2003-04-16 00:10:00
as more and more results are compiled the results.dat grows and grows..mine is apporaching 1 MB.

Does the algorithm still scan only the best results in there and then try and optimize those?  Also does having all those *entries* in there act detrimental to the program, i.e. should the results.dat be pruned every now and again as some ppl do?

i assume it can just be left alone and the bad transfers are just ignored...
Stephen Brooks
2003-04-16 07:42:49
The bad transfers are effectively ignored - i.e. the likelihood that one of them will get chosen to create a new design is very low.  As you got more designs, the optimiser should actually get better, as it will have a greater variety of "good" designs to choose from.  You may also prune your file if it is slowing down the client having to read in 1MB each time (unlikely this will be a major effect).  The only risk with pruning is that if you take out too many, the optimiser could get "narrow-minded" and rule out some potentially interesting combinations.

Today's weather in %region is Sunny/(null), max.  temperature -99999°C
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161573 accesses.