stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsRandom Crashing,
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Pollock[Romulus2]
2003-07-08 13:05:49
I have been running the v4.31c client since it was first released on two different computers.  In the last 48 hours, the client has randomly crashed 9 different times.  Five times on one machine and four times on the other.  One machine produces error messages(example below) and the other just crashes quietly. 

Error message from machine #1:
The instruction at "0x77fcb261" referenced memory at "0x0022bbf0". The memory could not be "read".

Debug of the same error produces, no clue what this means, I am not a programmer:
Unhandled exception in muon1_background.exe(NTDLL.DLL) : 0xC0000005:Access Violation.  NOTE: I had to leave a space between the ) and : and 0 characters or it created a smilie.

Two of the crashes occured during re-checks of a large result. 
One occurence created a auto.sav file, then crashed immediately.
Seven crashes during idle time, Two crashes while i was working on other things.
No obvious rogue results were generated during this period, as far as I can tell.

The only common threads I can think of between the two machines:
Both are runing Windows 2000.
Both are using the same .dat file, but do not see results from the other machine.
Both are Athlons.  1) Xp2000+ 2)T-Bird 1200

What I have tried:
Re-installed v4.31c on both machines.
Changed the .dat file and ran it through Michal's DataUtility to remove dupes, etc.
Switched the .dat file to Herb's(Rom2) rechecked-only file.  So far, no crashing, but it has only been a few hours.

If you have any idea what is causing this or anything else I can try, it would be greatly appreciated.  I will find out eventually if the .dat change makes a difference.
px3
2003-07-10 11:48:11
Hi Pollock,

reduce the results.dat file down to a size less than 4 mb .. that should fix the bug..

Regards,

PX3
Pollock[Romulus2]
2003-07-10 12:13:37
Thanks, px3.
I wish it were that easy.Frown My .dat files are changed daily or at least cleaned out.  They never get larger than 500kb. 

Only one crash (kinda) since switching to herb's .dat file.  Different error message, but the client never shut down.  Not sure what to think of it.

The instruction at "0x77fcb5bf" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
Debug:
Unhandled exception in muon1_background.exe(NTDLL.DLL) : 0xC0000000:Access Violation.  NOTE: I had to leave a space between the ) and : and 0 characters or it created a smilie.

The client never did shut down, which seemed odd, but the error message popped up while I was working on something else.  Strange!
[OCAU] badger
2003-08-17 16:40:53
I had a couple of crashes too after being fine for some time.  I replaced the results.dat and it was fine.  I think that either a record with an error exists or an error is introduced somehow, and whenever it reads that one it crashes.

www.BadgerMotorsport.tk Proudly sponsored by GRX-Computers
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161869 accesses.