stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsWeird graphic error on athlon/geforce
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
mallipeep
2003-08-05 09:28:55
Hello
My computer with Athlon XP 1800 and with geforce 4 mt440 gfx card starts doing very strange things when using cmdline or background clients.  In the start of each workunit when there are more particles to calculate my screen starts "shaking" and producing all sorts of weird glitches, can anyone explain this and/or tell how to fix it???
Stephen Brooks
2003-08-05 14:57:38
That's VERY weird.  Almost as if I've accidentally compiled some of the graphics switches into the non-graphics versions.  I might check the source-code for something like that, but I think it's very unlikely because I didn't even link ddraw.lib (DirectDraw, part of DirectX) with the versions you talk about, so I can't see how it's possible those programs could do _anything_ to your screen!

Another slight possibility is that the high CPU usage is causing things to get rather hot in your PC (presumably that GeForce produces a fair amount of heat too).  I'd've thought you'd notice something like that, but you could check if you have a CPU temperature monitor around.

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"
mallipeep
2003-08-06 10:05:37
The CPU temp is under 50 degrees, i think that should be fairly normal for AMD-s. I tried installing new nvidia drivers but it didnt help.
One thing more, the glitches/errors resemble most as if you have a cell phone ringing near your monitor or if you turn on a second monitor that is near your first one.
mallipeep
2003-08-06 10:07:33
Ah, and i forgot to mention that the graphical version muon1.exe doesnt produce any weird effects...
[TA]z
2004-03-02 09:18:41
sounds very much like the problem i experience on my nforce2 boards when dpad reaches 100% cpu utilization... any word on this yet?  Big Grin
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162703 accesses.