stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralResults not all collected?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
MetalRush
2003-09-30 14:08:27
Hey Stephen,
i'm happy the project is running again. 
I was still searching for another project where I thought it was usefull to send my spare CPU cycles to (NOFI to other projects: this is a personal 'feeling').

A little thing that draw my attention was that we ([DPC]TeamNWW) started this weekend again and also send results back.  Weird thing is that not all results seem to arrive...
I just added all results from my systems (Local time is 23:00) and came to the total of 712 results and 'only' 493 are accounted for Confused
Most of them are even send to your server...
Are all servers 'emptied' by your server (correctly)?

Keep smiling... it makes people wonder what you're up to Wink
Joey2034
2003-09-30 15:06:50
My results haven't been showing up either.
20030929-220226 18 results sent to muon.rdsroot.net
20030930-033430 24 results sent to blank-it.dyndns.org
20030930-205325 55 results sent to cgmuonftp.homelinux.org
Nothing showed up on the stats page.
John Kitchen
2003-09-30 17:34:55
Looks like there is an error in the manualsend module.  It gets an error, fails, and deletes the results.txt file.  I caught this when I had a huge results.txt file, nearly a megabyte in size and it apparently transmitted in zero time.  Mad
Pollock[Romulus2]
2003-09-30 20:52:38
The first batch that I sent disappeared, AFAIK, but they were just junk.
Since then, they have all showed up but it usually goes through at least two servers before connecting and then they may or may not actually send.  If they don't, it always leaves the file behind here.  I purposely send small batches (smallest first) and keep a backup copy just in case.  Even if it does work, it makes me nervous.  The other versions never took more than a few seconds to send.  This version sometimes takes a few minutes to accomplish anything and shows some odd text while sending. 
A few results were refused once due to a bad checksum, but they were TEST queue runs that I cut short purposely.  They came out with really low scores, so I cut them off after one run.  Apparently if that is done, the checksum is rejected.  I just delete the bad runs now and no problems with checksums.
ZeonX[OCAU]
2003-09-30 21:38:38
My ftp has been down for the past few days because of an ISP change over but its all going now but stephen has yet to download results from my ftp.  Usually he gets the results every 1-3 hrs and it has been working for atleast 6 hrs.

http://zeonx.mega-reviews.com <-- lists the files that are on my server and so do another two other muon ftp servers.
MetalRush
2003-10-01 02:51:19
The sad thing is that Stephen's own FTP server also seem to loose results (or my client dumps them due to the faulty manualsend Frown ) because i force-return them, since last sunday, to Stephens FTP server.
We HAD a nice 9.04 Frown
(and me was stupid enough to update the results.dat almost every time there was an update, so no backups... bummer).

Joey2034
2003-10-01 07:51:47
This is starting to get very annoying.  I tried letting muon send the results automatically, thinking I could avoid any bugs in the manualsend, but still no beans.  I have several very good results, too.  There's a 9.067 in there, and it would be nice to see my name at #1, even if for a short time.  Is it something wrong on my computer, or is it a server problem?
Henri Valta
2003-10-01 10:06:35
It looks like this problem is only with 4.32x produced results.  I have version 4.32b on my windows machine and not all results are accounted in the stats, but no problems with 4.3 results from my linux machine.  I'm going to check now whether the file uploaded by 4.32b manualsend is somehow corrupted (i'm running the cgmuonftp server).

result: the file was not corrupted (at least not this time)

[This message was edited by Henri Valta on 2003-Oct-01 at 18:51.]
MetalRush
2003-10-01 14:18:21
Stephen, can you enlighten us?
We are in the dark here... wondering what happened to our results.
Excuse me for assuming but I think the results are still consolidated by hand, because we added our results so far (not auto-flushing anymore) and came to a total of 1123 results (according to the sendlogs). 
527 are shown so far... meaning we 'lost' more than half... can you confirm this?  (almost all are flushed to your FTP server).

Pollock[Romulus2]
2003-10-01 15:23:36
Relax, folks.  Smile
If your results are not being credited, make sure that you keep a backup copy until they are. 
OR:
Turn off auto-send and hold onto your results until it gets worked out.

I'm sure Stephen is looking into it.  The high score right now really does not mean much.  It will likely change dramatically before long.  At the moment, looking at the 'best 100' file, about 90 of the results are very similar.  There is not much variation in the list at all.  It seems to be just a matter of luck who hits the best one.  I wonder if the dupe filter may be cutting a lot of the results off.  The problem may be that somebody else has already sent a near-match for the result you are sending, so it is removed.  I can't believe there would be that many dupes, but there is so little variation at the moment that some of them are not being counted because of that.  It really depends on how close of a match is rejected by the dupe filter.

After some checking, my totals are just the opposite.  The stats are showing 795 results sent and my sendlog only shows 681 sent.  I do know that when I have sent results in, they have always included a new top score and that always has shown up correctly in the stats.  Never really kept track of the total amount sent.  I just save a backup copy until I see the new high score in the list and then delete the backup.
MetalRush
2003-10-02 06:11:44
It's not that we're not relaxed... it's more that I find it useless for my procs to run a distributed program where more then half of the result(s) is 'lost'.
With the older versions we never encountered fulshing problems (stupid as I am, I therefor didn't make backups of the results (Yah, I'm an IT'er Big Grin )).
There were/are slower FTP servers, but the results showed up within 24 hours.
`Am curious what the 'problem' is.

Stephen Brooks
2003-10-02 12:34:37
I think someone's server is set on READ-ONLY!  This is a pest because right now Muon will download signal.dat and if it can get that, it assumes the server is up and deletes the results... This is pretty much the only explanation I can come up with because I haven't even gone near anything to do with the FTP server-end in the last few weeks.

What'd be good is if Muon/Manualsend actually uploaded, downloaded and then deleted a small randomly-named test file, to check for read AND write.  That's on the to-do list for 4.32c along with attempting to fix the windows 98 background mode (again...).

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"

[edit] Compare: http://www.stephenbrooks.org/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=724606111&f=3126012111&m=9726092044

I'd remove this server from your servers.csv file before manualsending for now.
Stephen Brooks
2003-10-02 12:51:43
Erm, actually maybe the problem is that my brain has been set to READ-ONLY.  Eek

I hadn't listed v4.32a or b in the versions for my program to check for... Red Face Red Face Running another stats pass now, which should collect a few more, then the stats will be offline for up to a couple of days while I move the database onto this larger HDD and faster computer at work.

I'll also want to make the program automatically search for new versions not having to be recompiled every time as it makes for these tedious mistaks...

Pollock[Romulus2]
2003-10-02 22:02:00
Well, at least it was something simple.  Cool
Stephen Brooks
2003-10-03 07:50:49
The stats-move to work went smoothly!  (after I stopped trying to burn them onto a CD-RW with a scratch on it...)

[DPC]teigetje
2003-10-03 12:12:26
Well, its sort of related to this topic...

Could the rawstats file be updated?  DukeBox, owner of this nice stats page would like to adjust the stats to the new version.  ATM, if someone flushes, all of his previous (pre v4.32) seem to disappear because of a parsing problem.  He says he can fix it, if the rawstats are updated.

On a slightly different note, he won't be donating any of his tremendous CPU power to this project anymore Frown

(offtopic)
and now i'm off for some nice browser wars Smile
(/offtopic)
Pollock[Romulus2]
2003-10-03 22:40:05
Stephen, I'm not sure if you are aware of it but the muon.rdsroot.net server has not been emptied for over two days (52 files at this point).  The other two with the que pages have been emptied regularly.
px3
2003-10-05 02:40:44
Sorry, my fault.

Seems as if i got an ftp problem and didn't recognised it.

Everything should now work again.

PX3
px3
2003-10-05 07:02:14
Again me...
i checked the ftp and firewalls and everything is fine, but stephens side is stelling my ftp isn't avail. 

@Stephen: could you please check this ?  everything is fine from my point of view.

PX3
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161435 accesses.