stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsRecord rejected due to bad checksum?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Xanathorn
2003-10-11 04:00:56
Since I downloaded a new results.dat and merged that with my results.txt yesterday morning at 11 AM CET (9 AM UTC) every time the command line gives the above line when it starts a new simulation.  I searched through the results.dat and .txt to see if I can find the line or the checksum number but I couldn't find it.  What could be the problem here, personally I believe some result in the results.dat or .txt is corrupted but I don't know which one.

Stephen you could find out what's the problem?  I attached my results.dat and a screenshot of the vague error.  I'll see later if the problem will be resolved with today's results.dat and a clean install dir.  Oh yeah I'm using the latest command line version, dated 23/09/2003.

Results.dat used
Screenshot of the checksum error

2003-10-11 05:13:41
As there is no result in the results.dat file with the checksum that your program reports, try just deleting the queue.txt file, because it's probably a result in there that it's complaining about.

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"
Xanathorn
2003-10-12 12:06:12
There was no queue.txt either, but I fixed the odd thing by deleting the results.dat and let it create a new one with the result it was then computing.

Site has had 25162548 accesses.