stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug Reportshttp://zeonx.mega-reviews.com/ que not flushing?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
magnav0x
2003-11-07 17:59:33
Any reason zeonx.mega-reviews.com hasn't flushed in three days?
MetalRush
2003-12-03 15:00:27
I have the same impression here... also flushed 2 days ago to this server... nothing on the board yet Confused

Keep smiling... it makes people wonder what you're up to Big Grin
Stephen Brooks
2003-12-04 01:40:00
Well when the first post to this thread arrived I thought I'd give him a bit more time to get it working again, but now it's not been flushed for a month I've e-mailed ZeonX to see what's happening.  From my FTP report
FTP to zeonx.mega-reviews.com

Data connection timed out.
Could not directory listing data -- timed out.
Passive mode refused.
ncftpget *: passive mode failed.
Data connection timed out.
Falling back to PORT instead of PASV mode.
ncftpput ftp\signal.dat: could not accept data socket.
it looks like he's got a server that can't deal with PASV-mode connections or something.  Active-mode might be a workaround, but I'll see what he says.

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
ZeonX[OCAU]
2003-12-04 21:38:34
Yeah I have been watching it lately and noticed this also, I am surprised no one has said anything earlier and I was going to email stpehen yesterday but ran out of time.  Nothing has been changed and since i've had external IP's on the server stephen can't seem to list the directory which is the wrong way around as now the servers IP address is routable.  I can see users can use PASV mode and that Stephen also uses it to upload or update the .dat file.

Just looking at the logs then i think it is how your program is talking and asking for the directory listing, Can you try to use active mode as i think that will work because of the way i've setup the firewall or can you try using pasv mode in another program manually just to test it.

EDIT: Okay i'm doing external tests now from a remote machine and i'm getting the same problem stephen, I will be working out why my firewall is blocking this traffic.  And will reply as soon as i fix it or find out how to do it.

Okay i found the problem and hopefully stephens ftp script will work the next time around.

[This message was edited by ZeonX[OCAU] on 2003-Dec-05 at 7:07.]
ZeonX[OCAU]
2003-12-04 23:15:31
Well stephen did download a few files so i'm guessing its sorta working, Now i have to wait to see if he will download the rest of the files.
ZeonX[OCAU]
2003-12-05 02:11:14
Okay from watching it i've got a certain port range open and hopefully will last for a while, I will have a look at the logs later and make sure all the ports needed are open and will be updating the ftp server software tomorrow and then it will be perfect.

Also my stats program to do the page has been changed a tad and should now work great, a few things/changes in the file structor were making it go mad.
Stephen Brooks
2003-12-05 03:25:06
Thanks for fixing!  Smile

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
ZeonX[OCAU]
2003-12-05 05:53:17
No Problem, was weird as it was working for a while and then stopped.  I've extended the port range already to help cover the pasv ports used but as i said earlier this will all be fixed tomorrow.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25160921 accesses.