stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Generalresults.dat formatting issues
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
excaliber[Free-DC.org]
2003-12-15 12:52:17
I'm working on our team strain repository, and am running into issues regarding the results.dat.

Currently, the file is uploaded to a temp file server side.  The contents are read into one long long string.  It is then exploded (PHP function for splitting a string into an array, based on a delmiter provded).  Im exploding it by using a character 13 followed by a character 10 (Carriage return Line feed).

It works the majority of the time, but everyonce in a while, I get a result like the following:

quote:

1.901878 (62.4 Mpts) [v4.33] {063FC054} tantalumrodz=293;....#gen=1;

Which apparently is not ended with a CrLf between the and the and the next line.

Is this a problem on my end or yours?  Should I explode by something else?  Would you recommend another way of dividing the lines into something suitable for database submission?

Thanks

EDIT:

There are also instances in my results.dat where a line of data is given right after another line of data, without the normal stats and such.  Like below:

quote:

1.901878 (62.4 Mpts) [v4.33] {063FC054}
tantalumrodz=293;tantalumrodr=634;s1l=721....#gen=1;
#gen=0;tantalumrodz=538;tantalumrodr=287....#runs=5;
0.019028 (35.5 Mpts) [v4.33] {DF85E464}

------------------
http://intheory.ath.cx InTheory - Game Design and Idea discussion forum

[This message was edited by excaliber[Free-DC.org] on 2003-Dec-15 at 22:05.]
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-12-15 13:06:59
The reason for these errors is simple:
Some people are submitting a results.txt or results.dat with errors.

I have made a system similary to yours once (see http://stephan202.qik.nl/), and I had some code to pick out files with an error.  I can't recall how I did it.  If you want the code, then I'll give it tomorrow - I'm going to bed in a sec.

As for the splitting: I used file(), which reads an entire file into an array, each line on a separate index.  That works just as well, and even works if people submit files with only \n's (like in unix).

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
excaliber[Free-DC.org]
2003-12-15 14:07:19
Thanks, I'd love to see how you spotted bad files.

I'll start using File().  Its sounds much simpler than my current method, and does the same in less.  Less = less errors Wink

I figured it was on my end.  I think it stemmed from when I first started the script.  About a day later, I noticed it was uploading correctly, but the download script was not formatting correctly.  I think this is where the errors were introduced, and have just propagated to make my life worse.  Smile

------------------
http://intheory.ath.cx InTheory - Game Design and Idea discussion forum
Herb[Romulus2]
2003-12-15 22:33:13
I just separate the lines with DOS commands, the result is always proper to import elsewhere Smile

type results.dat | find "tantal" > par.txt
type results.dat | find "solenoid" > val.txt

-------------------------------
I'd say more, but I can't reach the keyboard from the floor.
Stephen Brooks
2003-12-16 03:40:00
quote:
Originally posted by excaliber[Free-DC.org]:
I think it stemmed from when I first started the script.  About a day later, I noticed it was uploading correctly, but the download script was not formatting correctly.  I think this is where the errors were introduced, and have just propagated to make my life worse.  Smile
Reminds me of the situation I had with the stats database about 18 months ago... Having one of those "double lines" caused by a cut and paste error would cause half of someone's file to be deleted.  Now I just have it skip over the unwanted second-of-the-same-type line, which later gets removed.

HB Pencils, also sold as "Moron's Choice" Graphite Cigars.
[DPC]Stephan202
2003-12-16 09:34:30
I temporarely placed the source of the update code of my scrip at http://home.planet.nl/~schro393/dpad.zip

This does not include the front end - I can't find it anywhere.
The code is a little chaotic perhaps, and the commenst are in Dutch.  I don't think it'll be very useful, but it may help, so there it is.

---
Dutch Power Cow.
MOOH!
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162149 accesses.