stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralMPI version a possibility?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[TA]z
2004-04-23 09:19:44
Stephen,

Would it be possible to have a version of the client support MPI?

I imagine that running over MPI would not be nearly as effective (the very nature of the simulation may not even permit for a MPI type program) as standalone instances, but I certainly would enjoy the ability to operate a 'real' dpad node Wink
Stephen Brooks
2004-04-25 08:59:34
MPI is possible - might be a bit less efficient but ought to work OK.  The only time I've mentioned MPI is in relation to the Linux cluster we have at work.  It's likely that if I write a Linux version, I will also look into adding MPI.

Right now at work I'm steadily working towards v4.4. Needed to consult with the guy who came up with the original designs last week though, as I had to know something about the engineering constraints... Between now and releasing it I've got a lot of testing to do (redid the checksum engine - very important to make sure it doesn't reject the old sums and delete the database) and just one more widget to add.

We might have to head towards these new optimisations in several ways - my first one will be trying to get them to converge "from scratch", but if that doesn't work I might have to 'seed' the programme with the baseline design.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161659 accesses.