stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug Reportsuser.txt error?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[DPC]Stephan202
2004-05-30 09:06:07
I just reinstalled WinXP afetr an HD crash.  I downloaded the last client (4.41a) and added a reference to muon1_background.exe in the registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Now when I log in, I see a popup that says that I need to create user.txt.  Of course I have already done that.  Then when i manually start muon1_background, all goes well.  Any idea why the client can't read user.txt right away?
[TA]z
2004-05-30 12:38:28
It probably is not starting in the path that you have the client installed in and therefore unable to find user.txt
[DPC]Stephan202
2004-05-30 13:46:41
Good thinking Smile

Now I just place a link in the startup dir; works just as well.
A service would be better but for now I'm too lazy to download Firedaemon.
[TA]z
2004-05-30 23:52:29
Personally I can't stand Firedaemon... I use Soni's "DPAD as Service" install script as a base for all of my DPAD service install scripts...

If you're interested, you can download the v4.34 installer here:
DPAD as Service

Just pull the necessary files from it and run a fresh install with the v4.41a files or modify the script as you see fit!

Let me know if I can help with anything...

Good luck!

-z
kitsura
2004-05-31 10:12:40
Open system properties, select Advanced tab, then click the Environment Variables button, under system variables select path and click edit and add in the c:\your full dpad pathname.  Then click ok and retry if adding it in the registry works.
[DPC]Stephan202
2004-05-31 11:33:21
Tnx kitsura, but I already used the service script.  Works perfectly.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161899 accesses.