|It seems that the samples that are currently posted causes DPAD to crash. File seems to be corrupted.|
|They _were_ corrupted a while ago, but now I've fixed it, so when I look at http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/chicanelinacb90_100.txt it is fine. Try deleting your corrupted samples and running Muon1 again so it'll redownload the new ones.|
I've always manually enter the samples. Your posted rar archives are fine and will work. HOWEVER: Its the text file that has problems. If you copy a sample and add to the results.dat it crashes DPAD. Something you are doing differently is causing the problemn. Normally, I just use the text file and not the rars. But I can use the rars with no problem. Just extra steps in my case.
I've noticed the same problem and have correlated it with the comment raised by Meloentje in this thread.
My resolution to this problem is manual intervention as follows:
- open the "text" file in a new browser window
- "file/save as" a text file
- edit the text file in Notepad to take out extra space at the end of all the lines (not sure if this is a problem but ...)
- check for instances where the data crosses more than a couple of lines (some times the second line is split onto a third line!)
- add back in the missing
- save the text file and insert data into the results.dat file
I'd also comment that Norton Personal Firewall 2003 doesn't, as a default, allow me to read the contents of the manually downloaded text files - they download as html pages NOT as text files! - so I have to disable NPF whilst I open and save the file.
All-in-all a longwinded resolution to an issue which has only appeared with Stephen's reworking of his web site structure!
EDIT (14:24 GMT): Oddy enough, I noticed that this mornings (10:37 GMT) text file seems to work if you "right mouse click/save as" and change the file extension to .txt from .htm - the missing atributes are included in the text file version although they don't appear on-screen in the .html!
|Looks like it's transmitting the file as text but giving it the MIME type of HTML. I didn't think it would cause any problems but I guess I'll have to get the script to transmit the correct type for the extension it's serving.|