stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralStats corrections
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
[DPC]Stephan202
2005-04-24 11:44:34
Recently the scores of some people have been dropping without a clear explaination for this weird stats behaviour.  Some of these people didn't even send in results before it happend.

It occurs to me that all this has something to do with the dupe-checker.  It makes me wonder about its exact workings.  Does it cross-check among different users in the same team?  Why does it discard points that were previously accepted by the dupe checker?

Would it be possible to output a log of the modifications that the dupe-checker makes, and make this log available on the website?
HaloJones
2005-04-24 15:40:39
Like WTF happened to [TA]z to lose 16 million MPts without any explanation??  And I still don't have an answer to why [SG]Herb suddenly jumped 20 million MPts but only on the Project's stats page not in the stats downloadable stats files.

Could really do with some explanations for what's happening at the back-end...
[SG] Herb
2005-04-25 14:10:26
quote:
Originally posted by HaloJones:
[...] And I still don't have an answer to why [SG]Herb suddenly jumped 20 million MPts but only on the Project's stats page not in the stats downloadable stats files.

Could really do with some explanations for what's happening at the back-end...

Halo,

there is no reason for anybody to give you an explanation to things that never happened.

It's a fairy tale to maintain my stats ever had made a sudden jump of 20 million MPts.

I don't care about the downloadable stats files.  They may be right or wrong, but my stats on stephens website are definitely correct and grown constantly over the last years. 

So what is your problem?  Do you have to offend stephen or me?  Who will be the next one?
Be patient, cool down your machines and you will get the 2nd place in a few days.

Yours sincerely, Herb
HaloJones
2005-04-25 14:44:05
Not trying to offend anyone Herb.  Simple questions really but I'm not seeing too many answers.  You say it didn't happen.  Fine.  But I'd still like to understand how the dupe checkers are working.
Stephen Brooks
2005-04-26 05:11:52
It's possible some of the files are getting so long they are causing overflows when it counts them (!) The script wasn't really designed with files getting on for gigabytes in size in mind.  I don't know exactly what is happening in there right now, though, so will have to have a look at the code (or at least watch for files getting smaller).  I didn't change anything with the duplicates checker.
lagu
2005-05-10 09:20:00
Hallo!

I have chrunsh DPAD for ca.  one week and have done 808 genomes (944 K. I have sent this earlier today and my points was only 172 for this chrunch.  Before I have 222 in the stats but it should be 226. Nou it is 394. I should have 398 if I not is wrong.  Is there something wrong with the stats and is the points equal to what I have done?  I myself think I is a little low.

Any answer would be highly appriciated

Lagu Smile
Tech man
2005-05-14 07:58:25
First time user of forum.  Please ignore this message
[DPC]Alphen - Milo
2005-05-18 12:42:08
The 16 th i tried to upload a file with (according to muonCmd) 12146 Results containing 5.320.161 Mpts. 
Sendlog states: 20050516-184237 4001 results sent to stephenbrooks.org.  The stats gave me little over 1.7 Mpts.

What happend?!  Can i try to resend the results file (66.4M?  Will the dupe checker get rid of the dupes...

Thnx Milo [DPC]Alphen
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162840 accesses.