stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralAway until 27th June
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2005-06-19 11:05:40
I will be at NuFact'05 in Frascati (Italy) for the next week.  I'm giving a talk on some calculations on the tantalum rod pion target I did with another here.

Meanwhile, if anyone with more money than sense a liking for high-end CPUs has got hold of, say, an X2 4800+ or an 840EE, it would be interesting if they could run muonbench on them and report the results in that thread.  Muon1 supports dual-core and hyperthreading automatically... AMD seems faster usually, but it also reacts better than most applications to Intel's hyperthreading, so comparing those CPUs should be interesting.
[TA]z
2005-06-20 07:18:23
I should have my hands on an X2 4400+ soon and I'll post some results when I am able.  Curious as to how the 840EE would perform against one though especially with AMD claiming HT to be inefficient.
GP500
2005-06-23 07:33:47
Do tell them about this project, more cpu's.
haven't seen an italian team here Smile
Stephen Brooks
2005-06-27 15:26:46
quote:
Originally posted by [TA]z:
I should have my hands on an X2 4400+ soon and I'll post some results when I am able.  Curious as to how the 840EE would perform against one though especially with AMD claiming HT to be inefficient. 

Muon1 is an interesting one to try because it actually reacts _extremely well_ to hyperthreading when I use it, whereas some other applications can even slow down.  But it also reacts extremely well to AMD's fast RAM access!
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25165231 accesses.