stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralBest % has been low
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
monkeyboy
2005-07-07 04:17:00
Another quick question - before the recent increase in optimization (nice job!), I would usually have a result or two pretty close to the top % found every couple of days.  Now, I can't get within .5% of the top.  Should I wipe my .dat files (pretty large, 30+mb) or is there something else I should do?  I'd like to be contributing productive results.  Thanks.

monkeyboy
2005-07-07 04:21:33
testing image...

K`Tetch
2005-07-07 11:44:22
you're missing the point a bit.  Its not the point to get evreyone returning the same results.  Eevryone should be testing their own different data, their clients adapting seperately, evolving seperately.

Ideally, we all test every possible configuration at least twice, but with the size and range of the variables, thats not gong to happen.  The best we can hope for is an approximate coverage, and hope we've found the TRUE maximum yield configuration, and not just one localised one.
monkeyboy
2005-07-07 19:03:45
Thanks, but I understand those points.  I'm just pointing out that I've noticed a shift in the results I'm producing.  It may very well be meaningless in the grand scheme as you've said, but I'm checking with Stephen just to make sure.

Completely off the topic, our best to our friends in London and the UK from a muon cruncher in Wash, DC.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163621 accesses.