stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Generalv4.42 and PhaseRotC
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2005-07-14 01:19:41
You can now download the new version.  As it says in the version history, the yields from this can't be compared directly to those of PhaseRotB - I may modify the display of the stats charts on the site to reflect this some time.
Stephen Brooks
2005-07-14 12:42:51
Ah, it seems I've forgotten to tell the stats checker what a "PhaseRotC" is.  Don't worry, it'll keep the results you send in under a "weird stuff" directory, which I'll restore tomorrow.

More on this at 0900GMT tomorrow.
AySz88
2005-07-14 15:56:32
Graphical version is freezing on me right when when it's finishing (i.e. the frame right before the last particle reaches the goal)...
Stephan Hermens[RKN]
2005-07-15 03:13:40
I made 2 observations and just want to know wether these changes are intentional or accidental.

1. In the lattice file PhaseRotC the Synchronous-particle is stated at 5ns even though no timespread is used.

2. The network returned to calculating ChicaneLinacB.

With regards,
Stephan
Stephen Brooks
2005-07-15 07:31:03
quote:
Originally posted by Stephan Hermens[RKN]:
1. In the lattice file PhaseRotC the Synchronous-particle is stated at 5ns even though no timespread is used. 

Yes, the 5ns is actually hard-coded into Muon1 at the moment.  I guess it could be made more general, but it works fine for these tanatlum rods.

quote:
2. The network returned to calculating ChicaneLinacB. 

Yes, I wanted to switch back to the more general ChicaneLinacB from B90 as I might have a go at "seeding" a good design (analogous to the recent increase in PhaseRot, to see if that can be further improved.

[edit] The fact that PhaseRotC results haven't been appearing in the stats has now been fixed!  They will appear in the next update hopefully, and thenafter the sample files.

The error with the graphical version quitting near the end turned up with someone else as well.  I have his autosave file, so will be looking to fix this in 4.42a.
K`Tetch
2005-07-15 09:27:46
see, told you it wasn't just the shitty pc I was using Razz

When the client locks up on my shitty pc, it does it in a completely different way.

hopefully its something simple
Stephen Brooks
2005-07-15 12:22:23
For now, running the client in commandline or background mode seems to work fine.

I fixed the non-appearance bug, but the stats seem to be taking their time (i.e. several hours) to count through everything.  Hopefully they'll appear over the weekend.
Boots
2005-07-15 18:59:43
Hi Stephen, Slight problem I have! 
When I try to use Viewresults.exe in v442, I receive an error [ Directdraw error DDERR_INVALIDMODE @ directxsetup,8bit - setting display mode], Have change in Config.txt Resolution (XxY or 'auto'): from auto to1024x768 still the same error.  v421 is working fine.  Win98se Asus 7100 vidio Also have same problem on my other computer.  98se Gforce FX.  I copyed across Results,dat and results.txt from V442 to V441f which displays fine.
Boots
Cameron
2005-07-17 19:52:20
quote:
Originally posted by Boots:
Hi Stephen, Slight problem I have! 
When I try to use Viewresults.exe in v442, I receive an error [ Directdraw error DDERR_INVALIDMODE @ directxsetup,8bit - setting display mode], Have change in Config.txt Resolution (XxY or 'auto'): from auto to1024x768 still the same error.  v421 is working fine.  Win98se Asus 7100 vidio Also have same problem on my other computer.  98se Gforce FX.  I copyed across Results,dat and results.txt from V442 to V441f which displays fine.
Boots

I've Just posted [the same or] a similar bug for viewresults.exe in the suspected bugs forum.  I've experienced the same thing as Boots.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159138 accesses.