stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralShare Results file over network
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
UnderTitan
2005-08-21 11:29:19
If I want to have two slower computers working on one simulation, can the working files be shared over a network?  Since it's just a text dump, i thought it would be possible.

thanks.
HaloJones
2005-08-21 14:16:51
Do you mean the results.dat or results.txt?  Either way, as far as I know, there is no way to specify where the various files are.  The program assumes they're all in the same place as the executable and running two copies of the same file from the same directory won't mean that the two clients are working on the same simulation.

There's no benefit to having both computers working like that anyways.  Just let each one work as fast as it can on its own simulations.
[TA]z
2005-08-21 19:46:21
You could write something to take & merge the results.txt file from each client into a sample file on a webserver that each client pulls the those merged results from.  It's not the greatest solution for what you want, but it would work.
UnderTitan
2005-08-22 07:50:07
Thanks for the input guys.  I don't want to go and make big changes, so guess just leave things as they are.  I appreciate both of your comments.
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161775 accesses.