stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Generalcannot ftp due to a firewall
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Günter Fuchs
2006-01-30 23:35:42
When I started running muon1 a year or two ago everything worked fine including ftping the results.  But now I am sitting since a few months at the Institute of Technology Bombay behind a firewall and therefore cannot ftp from my laptop on which muon1 is running.  How can I send the result file which has become 17 MB in size?  I can telnet to a server and run ftp from there, but I do not know how to do a manual transfer (where to send it and how to access the muon ftp site).  Or can I run script.ftp from our server, and in which folder could I find script.ftp?

Thank you for your input,

Günter
Stephen Brooks
2006-01-31 09:56:28
You can find login information for the public FTP servers in servers.csv.  Then rename your "results.txt" file to YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS-ABCDE-Your_Name.txt and put it in the "v4.4x" folder on the server.  The date you use does not have to be exact and ABCDE are just random chars to stop filename collisions.  Spaces in your username have to be replaced by underscores ("Your Name" --> "Your_Name") for this purpose.
[OCAU] badger
2006-02-09 18:15:34
I have this problem, and this is how I do it:
Run manualsend, it will convert the txt results file to a much smaller bin file.  Kill manualsend after it has made the file and it trying to connect out (otherwise it will delete the bin file when it gives up).
The ftp to one of the servers in servers.csv, and put the file (in binary mode) into the v4.4x dir
by doing this instead of sending the txt file you save a lot of time and bandwidth...
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163836 accesses.