stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Generalstats server upgrade
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-26 17:15:58
I'm just in the process of testing new stats-counting software that should now only count new results and other files I've changed (as opposed to re-counting everything, which now takes 10 minutes, so much more data and hourly updates with the current will be impossible).
The new version will just eat hard-disks, but meanwhile while I'm upgrading it you may see some strange stuff happening with the stats page.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-26 17:56:07
Hmm well.  It appears to count the stats OK now.  I'll just have to wait and see how it copes with receiving more results.  It's 2am now so I'll be asleep for a while, but post to this thread if you see things going wrong with the stats after you've uploaded some units.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-27 05:31:37
Percolating parrots!  It looks like it works!  This was a non-trivial upgrade to the program, which involves storing bookmards for every file in another file, which says how much of the files are counted already and when they were last modified by the program.  Over the last 12 hours the program seems to have received and counted particles as normal.  big grin big grin big grin
However if you see any further problems with the statistics, you may post them here.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163626 accesses.