stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1GeneralResult Weeding
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Jwb52z
2002-08-27 18:02:45
Is it ok to remove some of the really low results from results.dat like the 0.0x something results?
[SG]proteino.de
2002-08-27 18:28:05
Yes, it's ok - but not necessary.  Take a look at "Muon Capture for the RAL Neutrino Factory Design" in point 2.3.2!  On many places you can read that a big results.dat is better ...
I don't know how Stephen managed it in the source, if only the best results used to make new ones or the bad ones too?

@Stephen:
There are 2 false carriage returns in your new best250.zip!!!

The other reason why I post is, that I want to ask you, if there is a problem for you when I translate your Website (only about the Muon-project) to German and make it available on my domain proteino.net?  It's hard to translate big grin but some of our people in the SETI.Germany-Forum asked about German explanations.

cu, proteino
Jwb52z
2002-08-27 21:14:44
Where are the carriage returns?  Will that affect future results?
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-28 08:49:52
The program doesn't mind carriage returns so much now.  (And anyway I've now removed them from the file).

There is no problem you translating my page into German.

It also doesn't matter if you remove the really low results from results.dat - it's up to you.  I don't think it will make much difference.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-28 11:05:43
I'm not quite sure how [SG]DOA managed it but he created a glitch in even the new results system (that is assuming he uses v4.21+) and a double line appeared in his file here.  That explains why for a breif length of time he appeared to have totalled 60 billion particles.
[SG] DOA
2002-08-28 16:41:29
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
I'm not quite sure how [SG]DOA managed it but he created a glitch in even the new results system (that is assuming he uses v4.21+) and a double line appeared in his file here.  That explains why for a breif length of time he appeared to have totalled 60 billion particles.

Well, I use 4.21b on all of my machines.
And I DID NOT DO A FREAKIN' THING!!!  *ggg*
Seriously: Somehow I seem to have missed that stat glitch, would have liked to see me dominating the whole poject... Got a screener on that one?
Where was that double line?

Gerald
Stephen Brooks
2002-08-29 01:25:29
Unfortunately I didn't think to get a screenshot!

The "double line" was where a results-summary line had appeared without a corresponding design line on the one before it.  I don't know what could have caused that because the program checks the format of results before it sends them.  It could be some FTP glitch, or alternatively something to do with my new (faster) program for counting the results, but both of these work well the rest of the time.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Pascal
2002-09-11 07:19:49
Stephen, if you've got a minute, may you check, that all my results do appear in the stats, I'm not sure, but it may be, that some are missíng.
Thx.

1: Athlon TB-C, 1.2 GC/s, 256 MB DDR-RAM, Erazor x², ADSL-Flatrate, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE Mainboard MSI-6380 Rev.  1
2: Pentium III, 600 MC/s, 256 MB RAM, NIC Intel, Win 98 SE
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25163826 accesses.